@email@example.com Hey, thanks for including our account in the examples in the readme! Much appreciated.
Getting used to using it now, and I think we've found most of the gaps in our templates... It's great to have such a clean and customisable fediverse software :)
Recent #microblogpub updates:
- fixed "JSON LD signature" context
- support for running server on
sub.domain.tldwhile being reachable
@domain.tld, doc here
- usual bunch of fixes and improvements
The signature issue may be impacting a lot of instances, so it is recommend to update as soon as possible.
The Microblog.pub instance for the Irish Left Archive @ila seems to be working fairly smoothly, though I'm sure there are plenty of feature gaps in the custom templates still to be found...
Thanks to @dev for a great project! And for responding so quickly to bug reports :)
#AndStatus improves support of #ActivityPub #C2S while working with #microblog.pub team. https://github.com/andstatus/andstatus/issues/561
Recent #microblogpub updates:
- New task to import follows from Mastodon export
- New option to hide shares/announces from a specific actor
- As usual, small fixes and tweaks
- Improved OAuth 2.0 support
- Improved ActivityPub C2S (client to server) support (more on that later!)
- New YunoHost update available
It's been a long time I haven't posted a #microblogpub update, so here we go:
On the #ActivityPub side:
- A blocked server entry now blocks all subdomains
- New "GIF mode" for video without audio (as Mastodon converts GIF to video, we now autoplay them in a loop when "hovered")
- The media proxy is more stable (bigger timeout + retries)
- A bunch of bug fixes and improvements
On the #IndieWeb side:
- Webmentions replies/likes/reposts are now being merged with ActivityPub interactions
- Improved microformats2 markup in templates
Also, in case you're worried, microblogpub is not vulnerable to the
activitypub-troll[.]cf "attacks", as we're not fetching all the profiles mentioned in a note.
And I also pushed a #YunoHost update.
Thanks to all the new contributors!
...and @ash wins the award for most customized #fediverse instance I have ever seen. and its running the wonderful #MicroBlogPub software
Here is a sneak peek of the upcoming support to show #Webmention replies merged with #ActivityPub replies!
@firstname.lastname@example.org Look at those likes coming across from twitter thanks to bridgy and webmentions 😎
I just pushed part one of an update that will merge #ActivityPub and #IndieWeb interactions.
For now the facepile will look a bit funny if you have IndieWeb interactions, but it will be fixed soon with part two.
For now, the replies/likes/shares counters of #microblogpub will combine the two, but an update in the templates is still needed, as it will still show all the webmentions reactions as "Webmentions". Soon they will go to the right section (likes/shares or displayed as a replies). Older webmentions will be considered as unknown (for now).
Because a few people have tried this already:
Please DO NOT try to replace another fedi instance with a GoToSocial deployment on the same domain, with the same username. This will almost certainly cause issues with federation due to public/private keys changing, and it is not something we support.
In the future, we’ll try to provide a proper migration path between GtS and other fedi servers. But in the meantime we recommend deploying GtS at a subdomain that hasn’t been in use yet, like
Your enthusiasm about GtS is appreciated! But if you try to drop-in GtS in place of a preexisting fedi server, and things break, we will not be able to help you with them.
I'm glad to see so many new microblog.pub instances popping up! Shoutouts to the ones with theme overhauls, my personal favorites are @email@example.com, @firstname.lastname@example.org, @email@example.com, @firstname.lastname@example.org, and especially @email@example.com . Incredible work @firstname.lastname@example.org!
(If you can read this line, I've successfully implemented ActivityPub updates!)
This is running on Cloud Run!
@email@example.com Honestly I'm loving using microblog.pub. I pay my own hosting and I'm my own admin so there's no risk of an admin or mod team going off the rails, and I'm completely in control of all my own content while still connected to the rest of the fediverse.
It's been a while since the last #microblogpub updates:
- As usual, plenty of bug fixes and small improvements
- Testing a way to customize the index/home page (and adding custom pages/routes in Python) - more on that later
- Playing with full-text search (for now only for "local objects")
And thrilled to see more and more instances !
Some recent #microblogpub updates:
- We now have a working #YunoHost package: https://git.sr.ht/~tsileo/microblog.pub_ynh
- Lots of bug fixes and small improvements
- Improved Markdown support
Lots of progress this past week:
- Lots of tweaks and bug fixes
- Updated User guide
- 2 new contributors: huge thanks to @firstname.lastname@example.org and @email@example.com